General Terms & Conditions
- All prices are exclusive of VAT.
- Payments may be made by cheque or bank transfer in Pounds Sterling or Euros.
- All quotations and pro-forma invoices expire 30 days after the date of the document, unless otherwise indicated. We reserve the right to revise quotations when significant currency fluctuations occurs between issue of quotation and acceptance of an order.
Terms of Payment
- 75% of the payment is required on placement of order, the remainder to be paid prior to installation/delivery.
- We reserve the right to charge interest on overdue accounts at 2,5% per week.
- The client (or their client) is responsible for ALL bank charges incurred during wire transfers/BACS payments.
- Delivery charges are not included, unless they are standard deliveries within London. Shipping costs including taxes will be additional to the quotation and will be at the cost of the client. An estimate can be provided on the clients request but these prices are subject to change.
- All lead times are approximate and whilst every effort shall be made to deliver and fit to the customers satisfaction delivery dates are approximate only and failure to deliver on the stated date or at a specific time, shall not render us liable for damages, lost time or any other consequential loss.
Return & Cancellation
- Cancellation within 1 week of orders once confirmed may be subject to a charge of up to 30% of the value of the goods. After 1 week, it will be subject to a charge of up to 100% of the value of the goods.
- If somehow got it all wrong, then you can decide whether you want it remade (at no extra costs), or a refund of 50% will be issued.
- SILK AVENUE / 83rd Floor Ltd has the final say on whether a product is wrong or not.
- Please note that these are handmade items and each individual order is unique. Size and colour may vary slightly.
- If installation services will be required, this needs to be discussed on placement of order and with incur of an additional charge.
- Where sizes shown in a quotation are estimated from scale of dimensioned drawings, the final sizes are subject to verification by site measurements.
- All carpets, even when cut to room sizes, are heavy and difficult to manoeuvre, especially on premises where the layout and access are restricted. In some premises the carpet may have to be folded to gain access, which may leave slight creases in the pile. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to surface finishes caused by the movement of carpet in restricted spaces.
- All custom made rugs and carpets are subject to +/- 7.5% tolerance.
- All areas must be clear of other trades and their equipment so fitting work may proceed with continuity.
- We will require adequate power and lighting on site and the rooms should be a minimum temperature of 18 degrees celcius to allow the carpet to acclimatise.
- Where our staff are required to move furniture, electrical equipment/appliances and other objects in the area of installation, this is carried out entirely at the risk of the customer.
- All seam directions, seam positions and pile lay are to be left to SILK AVENUE / 83rd Floor’s discretion unless advised differently in writing by the customer.
- Where other trades may need to finish work following carpet installation, no allowance has been made to provide plastic protection to the carpet.
- Please note that an approximate clearance of 20mm is required under doors most carpet types. We will not carry out alterations to doors. Where wooden doors require trimming, please ensure a carpenter is in attendance, otherwise doors will be removed from their mountings and left on site.
- At the event of a postponement at the customers request, the customer may be liable to pay the company for the cost of storage between the due date and the actual and final delivery date.
- Special treatments: We cannot accept responsibility for complaints arising from treatments applied to our carpets by a third party after installation.
- Cleaning: Professional cleaning is recommended. Special care should be taken when cleaning 100% linen or Silk carpets as these are not suitable for wet cleaning.
- Copy rights: SILK AVENUE / 83rd Floor Ltd. is not responsible for copyrights of any non SILKAVENUE designs which have been passed on by a client, designer or any other party.
- Disputes: Any disputes shall be subject to English Law.
- Disclaimer: Any information and technical advice given by the company, whether verbal or written is for guidance only and is submitted in good faith.
- Placing an order implies acceptance of SILK AVENUE / 83rd Floor’s trading terms and conditions.
- Complaints must be made within 48 hours of receiving your goods. Any complaints made after this time period are void of any right to refund.